Home » Posts tagged 龙凤419

10 months agoWatford boss Javi Gracia happy to go with what he has

first_imgWatford boss Javi Gracia happy to go with what he hasby Paul Vegas10 months agoSend to a friendShare the loveWatford boss Javi Gracia insists he’s happy to go with the squad he has.Fringe striker Stefano Okaka completed his temporary switch to Udinese earlier this week, while defender Marvin Zeegelaar has also joined the Serie A club.There is also speculation surrounding the future of the in-form Abdoulaye Doucoure, but Gracia does not envisage any players arriving at Vicarage Road this month. “In this moment, maybe different things happen, but I am happy with the squad I have,” said Gracia.“With the players we have we can complete a very good season and if in one week something changes, we will see.“But at the moment I prefer to value the players I have because they deserve that. We have to be demanding with the players and we have to be ambitious with them, too.” TagsTransfersAbout the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your saylast_img read more

Continue reading

a month agoBournemouth striker Josh King: Time to find consistency

first_imgBournemouth striker Josh King: Time to find consistencyby Paul Vegasa month agoSend to a friendShare the loveBournemouth striker Josh King says they need to find consistency.King has featured in all four games as the Cherries have taken four points from their first four games – a tally matched in their first two seasons in the top flight.The 27-year-old frontman netted from the spot to pave the way for the 2-1 win at Aston Villa and was also involved in the 1-1 draw with Sheffield United on the opening day.Asked for his opinion on their start, King told afcb.co.uk: “It’s been a very mixed bag. I thought we let ourselves down against Sheffield United. We should have beaten them but didn’t perform at our highest level.“We played a high-performance and energetic game against Aston Villa and won.“I thought we put in a good performance against Manchester City and them and Liverpool are the two best teams in the league.“I didn’t think anyone played well against Leicester and we all knew it. It’s in the back of everyone’s mind that it was a bad performance and we want to make it right against Everton.“They have made a few new signings and have a good team. Moise Kean and Alex Iwobi are two good acquisitions and Richarlison is playing well and scoring goals.“Every time we play Everton, it’s a good game to watch. We’re both attacking and both box to box which is probably why they have put it on television on Sunday.“We haven’t performed how we should have in the first four games and maybe the international break came at a good time because we can regroup and focus on Sunday because we need three points.” About the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your saylast_img read more

Continue reading

NCB Foundation to Pay for More CSEC Subjects

first_img Director, NCB Foundation, Stuart Reid, said that based on the organisation’s strategic focus, collaboration with the Ministry of Education, Youth and Information, and the need to support new and emerging career opportunities, the Foundation has revised the programme. The Foundation currently pays in full for CSEC Principles of Accounts (POA) and Principles of Business (POB) examination fees, for students at the secondary level. Story Highlights The National Commercial Bank (NCB) Foundation is to increase the number of subjects it pays for qualifying students sitting the Caribbean Secondary Education Certificate (CSEC) examinations for the academic year 2018/19.The Foundation currently pays in full for CSEC Principles of Accounts (POA) and Principles of Business (POB) examination fees, for students at the secondary level.Director, NCB Foundation, Stuart Reid, said that based on the organisation’s strategic focus, collaboration with the Ministry of Education, Youth and Information, and the need to support new and emerging career opportunities, the Foundation has revised the programme.The Director was speaking at the NCB Foundation CSEC National Bursary Programme’s handover ceremony, held at Jamaica College on October 17, where the bank electronically transferred $13.9 million to the Overseas Examinations Commission’s account to cover the cost incurred for the 3,334 students from government-approved public and private schools who sat POA and POB in June.He informed that for this academic year, the organisation will support Information Technology (IT) and two other non-traditional subjects.“Going forward, we will review the changing demands of respective industries and offer support in subjects that align. The future of Jamaica lies in the minds and hands of its youth, thus we cannot have a better Jamaica without first doing everything in our power to empower the next generation to maximise their talents,” he said.Under the programme, the entity allows qualified secondary-level students to sit these two business subjects free of cost. This helps them to meet the minimum number of five subjects required for entry to a tertiary institution.For his part, Permanent Secretary in the Ministry of Education, Youth and Information, Dean-Roy Bernard, welcomed the Foundation’s changes to the programme.“We are grateful to NCB for this partnership in supporting our students, especially those who want to take advantage of the new opportunities,” Mr. Bernard said.He also lauded NCB Foundation’s commitment in helping to ensure that students who demonstrate financial need and are excelling academically are able to benefit from this programme.Overall, the Foundation has invested in excess of $141 million in the programme, impacting the lives of more than 100,000 students. The National Commercial Bank (NCB) Foundation is to increase the number of subjects it pays for qualifying students sitting the Caribbean Secondary Education Certificate (CSEC) examinations for the academic year 2018/19.last_img read more

Continue reading

Suspected impaired driver stripped of keys to Lamborghini by Victoria police

first_imgVICTORIA – The owner of a high-end sports car in Victoria has learned it’s best to keep the vehicle well maintained to avoid attracting unwanted attention.Police say a 31-year-old man was at the wheel of his black Lamborghini Gallardo near the downtown core late Saturday when he was pulled over when a patrol officer noticed flames shooting from the exhaust.The two-seat coupe was fine but the driver appeared to be impaired and received a 90-day driving prohibition.The vehicle, which has a top speed of 325 kilometres per hour and can accelerate from zero to 100 in 3.4 seconds, has also been impounded for 30 days.In an email, Const. Matthew Rutherford says the two penalties are permitted under the Motor Vehicle Act when a driver’s blood alcohol exceeds 0.08.The Gallardo is one of Lamborghini’s more affordable models, with one automotive website listing the price at about $200,000.Note to readers: This is a corrected story. A previous version misspelled Gallardo in paras 2 and 6.last_img read more

Continue reading

TDs online brokerage service faces outage as customers complain on social media

first_imgTORONTO – Some Toronto-Dominion Bank customers are having problems using its WebBroker internet brokerage service and taking to social media with their complaints.Several Twitter and Facebook users are complaining about problems logging into or using TD’s WebBroker website since Friday, and complaints about the bank logged on canadianoutages.com on Tuesday began to climb at around 9:30 a.m.The bank posted a message on the WebBroker website saying it is experiencing a system issue that is affecting a small percentage of clients, and clients can use the TD Mobile App as it works towards a solution.TD Bank spokesman Paolo Pasquini said the bank plans to make capacity upgrades Tuesday night to WebBroker that will help solve intermittent delays some of its clients have recently experienced online. Pasquini said clients can also call TD Direct Investing (1-800-465-5463) to speak with an investment representative who can help process transactions on their behalf.“We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and thank our clients for their patience,” he said.TD WebBroker user Adam Kauppi said he started having problems using the service on Friday and called the bank for assistance, but hung up after waiting for two hours on hold.Kauppi, vice president of strategy and operations for U.S. startup Adcuratio, who lives in Toronto, said on Tuesday he eventually reached a TD Bank representative via Facebook, who offered to reimburse him the fee for four trades. However, Kauppi said he’s a fairly active trader — with transactions typically ranging from US$10,000 to US$200,000 — and that roughly $40 in refunded fees is not enough.“When you’re trading in big dollars, any matter of seconds changes considerable dollars, which doesn’t compare to the $9.99 commissions they’re going to reimburse me,” he said in a phone interview.Kauppi also expressed frustration that there were problems on Dec. 29, the last day of the trading year, because failure to execute trades can have tax implications. He said he plans to reach out to TD again to ask for free trades as further compensation.Pat Martin, a bookkeeper based in St. Catharines, Ont., estimated that she has lost a couple of thousand dollars due to missed buys and sells since she began having intermittent problems with WebBroker in recent days.However, she said that she has had problems with WebBroker at least a half-dozen times over the course of the year, but the recent episode was “exceptionally bad.” Martin said she tried to call TD on Friday, but gave up being on hold for more than an hour. She was unsuccessful reaching TD Bank by phone on Tuesday as well, she said.“I’ve dealt with TD since 2009… and it’s a hassle to switch to a different broker,” Martin said in a phone interview. “But this year, I’m going to seriously do some due diligence on other brokers.”last_img read more

Continue reading

CEO out at cosmetics maker Coty

first_imgNEW YORK — The top executive at the New York cosmetics maker Coty is leaving less than a week after revealing that significant supply chain problems sapped revenue during the first quarter.The company said Monday that CEO Camillo Pane, who led the company for two years, resigned for family reasons.Pierre Laubies, who last ran JDE, a beverage company, takes over immediately. He will also have a seat on the board.Coty, whose brands include CoverGirl, Max Factor and Hugo Boss, named Peter Harf as chairman Monday. Bart Becht, who was chairman, will remain on the board.The company will also add two independent directors to its board.Stifel analyst Mark Astrachan wrote recently that Coty, in addition to near-term supply chain issues, will be wresting with underlying weakness in its consumer beauty unit for the next two to three years.Shares of Coty Inc. tumbled 22 per cent last week after reporting first-quarter earnings and they are down 57 per cent this year. Shares rose almost 6 per cent at the opening bell.The Associated Presslast_img read more

Continue reading

One year later ABI smelter lockout continues and town fears for future

first_imgMONTREAL — As workers marked the one-year anniversary of the lockout at the ABI aluminum smelter in Becancour, Que. Friday, the impact of the lengthy conflict was being felt throughout the region.In addition to upending the lives of the plant’s 1,030 workers, the lockout is creating concern in the municipal administration and complicating life for local businesses. The slowdown has also deprived the provincial utility, Hydro-Quebec, of an estimated $215 million in revenues from sales it would have normally made to the smelter.The town of Becancour, hit by the closure of the Gentilly-2 nuclear reactor in 2012, relies heavily on ABI, which accounts for about 20 per cent — $4.5 million — of its tax base. It would be a “catastrophe for the region” if the smelter closed for good, Mayor Guy Dubois said.“We prefer not even to think about that,” Dubois said in a telephone interview. “But like it or not, we always have that at the back of our minds. For the moment, we have built our budget as though ABI was a corporate citizen as was the case in the past.”In 2018, despite the fact ABI gradually cut production and is now operating at one-sixth of capacity, Becancour did not see a drop in tax revenues coming from the company.But the plant’s unionized workers, whose average annual salary is around $80,000, are big contributors to the region’s economy. Currently, they are getting just $600 a week from their union, less than half their usual wages.The situation has had repercussions on local merchants, in particular restaurants, Dubois said, but so far none has been forced to close its doors. “The current context of full employment has helped a lot,” he explained. “It would be very different if the unemployment rate was higher.”Still, the lockout has had a negative impact in Becancour’s industrial park and port. ABI’s production cuts have meant a drop of about $1 million in revenues for the port, though this has been partly compensated by the development of new markets.There are no signs that the labour conflict is close to being resolved. The two sides show little sign of budging despite negotiating sessions and a mediation process that ended Dec. 21.The opposing sides are the United Steelworkers and ABI, which is 75 per cent owned by Pittsburgh-based Alcoa Corp. and 25 per cent by Montreal-headquartered Rio Tinto Alcan Inc. The main issues dividing the union and the employer are the pension plan and seniority provisions covering the assignment of workers.“I’ve joked in the past that the only thing we can do is pray,” Dubois said. “We hope that each side will be able to compromise a little. That’s the only way out of this.”After a year living on a much lower salary than usual, more and more workers are struggling to make ends meet. They say they have no intention of returning to work without a negotiated collective agreement, so many are turning to part-time jobs.Martine Gauthier, who has worked nearly 31 years at ABI, will soon be eligible for retirement, but she refuses to leave before the conflict is resolved.Her 25-year-old daughter is a graduate student at the Universite de Sherbrooke, and to help cover her tuition expenses, Gauthier is taking on a part-time job in addition to her picket duties. “Is Mom going to stop paying for her studies? No. My daughter is a good student. I cannot abandon her,” she said by telephone.Clement Masse, president of the union local, said the workers’ resolve is not cracking. But he acknowledged that he did not expect the impasse to last so long.“It’s been long,” Masse said in a telephone interview. “You can’t say that people aren’t fed up. What they want is a negotiated agreement. Naturally, we are going to meet our members in the coming weeks.”Union members planned a demonstration Friday afternoon outside the office of the local member of the provincial legislature, Donald Martel, who represents the governing Coalition Avenir Quebec. Their aim is to remind the government how long the conflict has dragged on.This week, the government announced the creation of a three-member working group drawn from bureaucrats in the Labour Department to examine the situation. But Labour Minister Jean Boulet said the government is not yet prepared to try to force a settlement.“I will not impose a solution,” he said in an interview. “I spoke up and expressed my huge disappointment at the way the two sides behaved during the mediation. But I can’t do the job on my own.” Julien Arsenault, The Canadian Presslast_img read more

Continue reading

Collision between train and tractortrailer closes Prespatou Road

first_imgThe road is said to be closed in both directions, and it’s not known when the road will reopen. At this point, there’s no word on the status of the occupants of both the train and the tractor-trailer. FORT ST. JOHN, B.C. – A collision involving a CN Rail train and a tractor-trailer has closed the Prespatou Road north of Fort St. John.According to the RCMP, the collision occurred at around 8:51 a.m. at a level crossing approximately 30 kilometres north of Fort St. John. Sgt. Dave Tyreman with the Fort St. John RCMP said that that the collision occurred in the Montney area, near where the Prespatou Road and the 256 Road meet.The approximate location of this morning’s train collision. Just in: Train Vs Semi. Prespatou Rd at 256 Road. No other details at present. Updates will be provided once Known. Prespatou Road Currently closed.— Fort St John RCMP (@FortStJohnRCMP) June 28, 2018This is a developing story, and we’ll have an update once we receive more information.If you have any news tips or photos of the scene of the collision, email [email protected]last_img read more

Continue reading

Pramod Sawant to be new Goa CM

first_imgPanaji: Goa Assembly Speaker Pramod Pandurang Sawant will be sworn in as the new Chief Minister of a BJP-led coalition government on Monday evening by Governor Mridula Sinha, a senior BJP leader said. Sawant, who will be the 11th Chief Minister of the coastal state, will succeed his mentor Manohar Parrikar, who died on Sunday after a prolonged battle with pancreatic cancer. The last rites of Parrikar were held on Monday evening with full state honours. “The BJP had finalised Sawant’s candidature last night. But we only managed to convince alliance partners today (Monday) evening in the presence of our national President Amit Shah and Union Minister Nitin Gadkari. He will be sworn in as Chief Minister later today,” said the BJP leader who did not want to be identified.last_img read more

Continue reading